Our philosophy is to develop players in order to produce a coherent and recognisable ‘style of play’ outlined in our playing vision.
- Running with the ball in a positive manner at every opportunity.
- Skills and confidence to dribble past opponents when necessary and with effect.
- Comfortable playing in tight areas.
- Receive the ball in a variety of situations in order to play round or through the thirds.
- Combine cleverly and imaginatively with colleagues.
- Maintain possession of the ball in all areas of the field when no attacking advantage is possible.
- Aware of ‘overload’ situations with and without the ball.
- Finish positively and accurately from a range of distances and a variety of situations.
- Goalkeepers playing as the ‘deepest sweepers’. A player who can use his hands.