Soccer skills are about being agile and instantly recognizing patterns of play as they unfold to make smart, timely choices. It is our belief that these skills are better developed through activities that involve players constantly having to make decisions in relation to space and time.
Hence, Play-Practices are purposeful in order to reflect real situations within the game. This type of training develops players with the skills to be able to read, recognize and react accordingly to each situation they
find themselves in.
Training sessions are designed to harness the fun, freedom and creativity of street football. We have developed a unique set of coaching tools, which we refer to as our coaching formula. This helps provide the structure and support required in the development of young players.
Our objective is to develop each player’s individual technical ability and confidence on the ball within the context of developing a Style-of-Play outlined in our playing vision.
- Running with the ball in a positive manner at every opportunity.
- Skills and confidence to dribble past opponents when necessary and with effect.
- Comfortable playing in tight areas.
- Receive and pass the ball in a variety of situations in order to play round or through the opposition.
- Combine cleverly and imaginatively with colleagues.
- Maintain possession of the ball in all areas of the field when no attacking advantage is possible. Play round areas.
- Aware of ‘overload’ situations with and without the ball.
- Finish positively and accurately from a range of distances and a variety of situations.
- Goalkeepers playing as the ‘deepest sweepers’. A player who can use his hands.
Producing teams that can replicate our playing vision provides the
benchmark for our coaching programme. It also creates the framework in
which we assess the progress of each player.